We're 100% locally owned and operated, since 1936
Wood Works of Renfrew has served Renfrew and the surrounding Ottawa Valley since 1936, with trusted expert advice, superior lumber & hardware products, and competitive pricing!
Our promise to you is: if you need it, let us know and we'll get it for you! We promise that no other building supply and hardware store will out-service our team when it comes to Construction, Renovation, Decorating, Home Exteriors & Hardware.
Wood Works of Renfrew came to life back in 1936 when Frederick Lockwood and two other investors purchased a sash, door and custom millwork manufacturer. Over the past seven decades, it has been passed down through generations and in the 1960s, turned into a retail lumber yard and hardware store. Bob Lockwood successfully ran the store under the Lockwood Building Centre name for over 30 years, marshalling it through many transitions - including joining the trusted Castle Building Centres Group in 2014. Becoming an independent dealer, they now enjoy the freedom of supplying all of the products and expertise they know their customers need.
In the summer of 2016, Wood Works of Renfrew was purchased by Bruce Gannon and Laurie Wichers-Schreur, who are committed to maintaining the customer-service oriented values of the store, as well as the family run atmosphere.
Watch Our Grand Opening Video Above!
We are a proud member of:
WOOD WORKS OF RENFREW TIMELINE:
- 1936 Frederick Lockwood purchased Renfrew Manufacturing and changed company name to Wood Works of Renfrew Ltd.
- 1949 Frederick passes away, leaving shares to his three sons Bill, Fred and Jack. Bill & Fred ran the business and bought out other two investors and now solely own Wood Works of Renfrew Ltd.
- 1960's Transitioned company from a sash, door and custom millwork manufacturer, to a retail lumber yard and hardware store.
- 1967 Bill & Fred sell shares to their younger brother Jack.
- 1970's Wood Works of Renfrew Ltd. continue to grow, now offers a full line of building supplies, and home improvement centre. Jack's two sons Bob and Thom took on positions in the company, operating under the name Lockwood Building Centre.
- 1983 Lockwood Building Centre joined the Homecare Buying Group (later became TimBR Mart Group)
- 1987 Jack retires and sells company to his two sons Bob and Thom.
- 1990 Bob takes full responsibility over the centre and day-to-day operations.
- 2004 Lockwood Building Centre left TimBR Mart and joins RONA.
- 2013 Bob is Chair of the Board of LBMAO (The Lumber and Building Materials Association of Ontario)
- 2014 Left RONA to be an independent dealer with Castle Building Centres Group.
- 2016 Wood Works of Renfrew is purchased by Bruce Gannon and Laurie Wichers-Schreur, a community-minded couple looking to help the store expand and be the best lumber and hardware store in the Ottawa Valley!
We're a member of Castle - Canada's fastest growing lumber, building materials and hardware buying group
Since 1963, builders, contractors and consumers have been relying on Castle as their building supply partner. Whether you're looking for lumber, building materials, hardware or advice, hundreds of Castle dealers across Canada are trusted to deliver quality products and value.
Castle dealers like us are independent. We run our own stores and businesses. We're active members of our community. We know our customers, and their needs. That's why Castle members across Canada are growing and succeeding. At Castle, we are your trusted building supply partner.